Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1.22.2012-1.23.2012


Sunday morning I woke up quite early and jumped on the bike. This is when I typed up the blog below on the race. I always enjoy watching documentaries when I'm on the bike. I get pulled into the beauty and culture not realizing I'm putting mile after mile in on the bike.

Sunday- 26 miles on the bike- a good slow recovery for my race the day prior.

Monday- We had tornado warnings from midnight to 2a.m. so there was no way I was going to push myself to get up at 4:45a.m. and do cardio. I must have not been the only one to spend a few hours awake in the middle of the night. My coworkers were walking around like Zombies.

Again this proves just how vital it is to get our rest. I try for 7-8 hours a night. Anything less and I have to push myself through the next day and that's just a plain crappy way to live.

Hit the gym for pure cardio on my lunch break- 30 minutes on the elliptical.-

Last night was my first night using Bodylastics.
I picked Dhane up from school and we were home by 5:30p.m. I put him on the counter to have a snack and chat with me while I made coffee for the next day and then we headed upstairs for a quick bath.

He was ready to relax for the rest of the evening and made his way downstairs to draw while I changed into my workout clothes.

I had 20 minutes while the oven pre-heated for dinner and the hubby walking through the door.

I set the Bodylastics system up in the corner of the family room on a door and got to work.

Circuit 1- back rows, over head extension, chest press
Circuit 2- I stood with one foot on the band and did ---- overhead extensions, bicep curls, shoulder press and side lat raises- whew the burn!!!
Circuit 3- had a band on the bottom of the door and put on an ankle strap- donkey kicks, leg abductors. Picked up my 20lb db and did plie squats on my yoga mat. Finished with reverse cross over lunges.

Laid on the rug in front of the couch and did basic crunches and leg raises by holding on to the bottom of the couch.

The oven started beeping and Daniel walked in the door! Success!

I was pleased with the workout and did break a sweat. My intentions for Bodylastics is to supplement my weight training. I think bands are great but there is NOTHING like pushing weight around.

1 comment:

  1. That is why my SPRI xtertubes collect dust. I get the idea of them, I used them here and there -- but it just wasn't the same satisfaction for me as lifting iron.

    ReplyDelete